How I (Sepideh) studied for TOEFL
Hey everyone, below we have Sepideh’s TOEFL experience, the resources she used and her tips for doing well on this exam. Hope this is helpful :).
My score: 111 total, breakdown below:
- Reading: 29
- Listening: 28
- Writing: 28
- Speaking: 26
Starting level: Upper Intermediate
Studied for around 6 months
- 504 textbook
- Ankidroid Application
- 1212 words to know for TOEFL
- Barron’s Essential words for TOEFL
- There are many approaches, my approach was to read the text fully and then move on to the questions
- Avoid getting stuck on hard vocabulary or questions
- Identify your weakness: is it speed? Is it a particular type of question? Re-review the questions you got wrong.
- TOEFL Practice Online (TPO) available on the ETS site
- Zhenti site
- Cambridge Reading
- Practice! Listen to podcasts and watch English movies or series
- Manage your time when speaking.
- Avoid pausing or stuttering when speaking.
- Speak, record, listen, repeat…
- If possible, consult with someone with experience.
- Read well-written essays.
- Compile a file of useful transition words or helpful sentences to use in your writing
- Use a variety of verb tenses.
- Brainstorm before writing.
- Practice typing!
You must be logged in to post a comment.